I am very exited to start new series of articles to help you with learning new skills.
This tutorial is intended for you if you are looking to use LibreOffice Calc in a more productive way as well as if you want to learn a practical way to use the Python programming language.
My goal is to do this in roughly 10 parts, with a soft learning curve introducing Python and its awesome capabilities to interact with LibreOffice suite, in particular with LibreOffice Calc for this tutorial.
WHY did I choose to teach you Python to write programs to interact with LibreOffice Calc?
There are two reasons:
- To me it is not worth using the built-in LibreOffice Macro Language and it’s better to use a language that you can use for other things
WHAT’s the plan?
- Making sure that you have everything ready: software, add-on, documentation.
- A quick example to check if everything is in place
- Defining the project: writing the blue print
- Working on the Project
- Wrap-up and possible extensions
I can’t wait to start. However, I am Super Busy Daddy, and as I explained recently I have a very busy life at the moment, so I am going to be realistic and have a target of 1 article every two weeks for this tutorial, this is going to be a long exiting journey!