On the 3rd of January this year 2018, I finally went back to my allotment after a long period of inactivity.
My first jobs are finishing children’s raised beds and clearing the Greenhouse for the new growing season.
My idea is that anyway it will gradually transform in a Hugel bed while the frame will collapse with time.
While I was looking for a solution to fill in smaller gaps on the other corners,
I looked around for some material and found exactly what I needed. In fact I was looking for re-using remaining of that solid plastic packaging that was covering the long aluminium greenhouse base frame and it was a perfect match.
Job is not finished yet as I will add even smaller strips of that orange plastic to block soil from escaping the frame on the even smaller corners gap.
As I entered in my greenhouse, I felt like I was falling in quick sands… The usually hard compacted earth ground was very soft. I quickly realised that it was earth that had been dug out from a tunnel right under the big shelve…
So my next job will be to stop these uninvited hidden visitors, there is nothing to nibble on at the moment in the Greenhouse but it will soon enough be full of yummy shouts of all sorts of plants and I can’t stand thinking to loose these sprouting beauty to the Rats!
I also noticed a leak in the shed’s rood, another unexpected job to be done…
To be continued…