Saint Valentine again? It feels like it was yesterday… Is it part of the routine now?
I am so not ready for Valentine tomorrow. Hopefully my wife got us some nice pre-made meal. I will need to sort out the wine and put it in a decanter, just to make it a bit more romantic… And most importantly, I will need to get the kids ready for bed early, well at least before 8:00pm as it is due to be within the rules of our daily routine!
This is our actual daily routine, it can be written in a few lines:
- 7:45am – up, toilet and dress up
- 8:15am – breakfast finished, fight to get teeth brushed…
- play time if all is going ok
- 8:45 – shoes on, coat on, jump in the car
- 8:55 – drop off at school and sometime nursery for the little one
- finally a bit of quiet time… (if alone…)
- 15:30 – back from school, shoes off, coat off, snack.
- 16:00 – computer (20 minutes each): only if a reasonable snack has been taken…
- 16:45 – Pyjamas then a couple of ‘Minetest Videos” (or Minecraft): only if Pyjamas on… And playtime (not computer)
- 17:30 – Dinner (only for the kids in week days)
- 18:30 – Videos or playtime (not computer) depending if there has been too much videos already… (Adults usually have their dinner then)
- 19:00 – Collective story time (in bed) – Reading a story together
- 19:30 – Cuddle good night for our middle one, read alone story time for elder, and cuddle/story for younger (usually in our bed with his mum)
- 20:00 – Cuddle good night to elder one… And hopefully if all the chore has been done… Adult time!
- And once in a year Happy Valentine time!If it happen during a week-end like last year, it would be of course a bit different you could read my Recipe for a successful Valentines day! article. But this year it’s a Tuesday and it is just another day…
Do you think Valentine gets too much of a routine?
Are you still able to surprise your partner?
If yes please let me know and give me YOUR recipe! You could leave a comment for example.
I feel some pressure to do something special but i don’t know what to do! Well I know that I must shave my spiky cheeks and get a good clean! Maybe that will be a surprise already 🙂
So anyway Super Busy Daddies of the world I wish you a very loved Valentine day and I hope you’ll give me some good ideas for next year 😉